"A fun introduction to the French language with an atmosphere where learning and laughter go hand in hand". Janet Irwin
Do you want to give your child a head-start in French?
We have been running French Clubs for children in Sussex, together with a Nursery School, since 1985 and have set many children on the road to enjoy a life-long love of languages. They are held at the nursery in Lindfield on Tuesdays at 3pm. If you and some friends are interested in having a group on another day, do get in touch so that we can look at options.
A new group for 4 - 8 year olds is starting in April. Please get in touch if you are interested.
A French club for children and adults of all ages and stages
- The Beginner groups provide a fun introduction to French language and culture with a variety of activities, which vary according to the age group of the children and the duration of the Club session. The emphasis is on oral skills and developing confidence to speak the language.
- The Intermediate groups introduce written French and basic grammar, and continue to develop all aspects of spoken French.
- The Advanced group is designed for pupils who work conscientiously and have learnt French for a minimum of two years. The course content includes conversational French, written work including sentence structure, basic grammar and verbs, dictation and translation, reading texts and answering questions orally, role play, watching French television, playing board games in French and French cuisine!
- The GCSE group is designed to supplement the work done at school or college and is designed to meet the specific needs of individuals within the group.
- Adult tuition which is tailor-made to your needs for either business or pleasure.
A Qualified French tuition your child will love
Janet Irwin has been teaching French for many years. She qualified as a teacher at Homerton College Cambridge and was a French specialist in primary schools. She wrote and broadcast French programmes for schools inthe early days of Radio Brighton. A life-long learner, she subsequently studied psychology at London University. She gained a Postgraduate Certificate in Early Years Leadership & Management from Brighton University and was awarded her Early Years Professional Status and an MA in Education. She is also
qualified to teach English as a foreign language.
Janet has published material to support children’s language learning. She is the author of At Home with French, and At Home with Spanish, published by Oxford University Press. Other material Janet has produced with 'minilingo' can be found on iTunes.
Her French clubs provide a fun introduction to the language and create an atmosphere where learning and laughter go hand in hand.
Contact us to arrange for you and or your child to gain a love and understanding of the French language.